GREAT NEWS: One hundred fifty (150) companies stopped advertising at Huffingtonpost.com after being encouraged to pull off the website because it published an article erroneously blaming Islamophobia for worldwide conflict with Muslims.
The Huffington Post published an article that erroneously blames alleged Islamophobia for worldwide conflict with Muslims. Florida Family Association started sending emails in April 2016 to encourage the CEO and Marketing Vice President of companies that advertise at Huffingtonpost.com to stop supporting the progressive website's offensive bias with their advertising dollars.
Why is it important to urge companies to stop advertising at Huffingtonpost.com after they published an article that erroneously blames alleged Islamophobia for worldwide conflict with Muslims?
• Islamophobia propaganda is the top tool Islamists use to influence Americans to ignore advancement of Sharia doctrine in America. Unfortunately, it intimidates people to the point of stifling free speech in a manner that hurts public safety. Labeling people or groups as Islamophobes is intended to influence them to stop criticizing Islam. Fear of being branded an Islamophobe played a role in suppressing communications that may have had different results for the lives of 63 people in San Bernardino and Orlando.
• The article wrongfully places the blame on Christians and Jews in a manner that creates contempt for Christianity and Judaism.
• The reports published by the news media do influence the political positions of the public. Huffingtonpost.com is one of the largest liberal progressive outlets in America.
• Florida Family Association’s opposition campaign educates hundreds of officials at American companies about the harm caused by erroneous Islamophobia propaganda. The thousands of emails that company officials receive reveal that there are many Americans who find Islamophobia propaganda deceitful, harmful and offensive.
The Florida Family Association office has communicated with 211 companies since April 2016 regarding their advertising at Huffingtonpost.com as of September 22, 2016.
• A total of One hundred fifty (150) companies stopped advertising. Seventy one percent (71%) of the companies did not advertise again after receiving emails from the Florida Family Association office or after receiving emails from thousands of people in response to Florida Family Association’s online campaigns. The names of the Companies that Have Not Advertised Again and Companies that Continue to Advertise or Recently Advertised for the First Time are listed at the bottom of this article.
• One hundred forty three (143) companies stopped advertising after receiving communications from the Florida Family Association office.
• Seven (7) companies stopped advertising after being profiled in an online campaign at Floridafamily.org.
• Sixty one (61) companies continued to advertise or advertised too recently to determine if they will not continue. Based upon experience with monitoring advertising behavior Florida Family Association projects that many of the companies that Recently Advertised for the First Time will likely discontinue advertising.
Numerous companies stopped advertising for several weeks after receiving email communications from the Florida Family Association office but later resumed advertising. It appears that some of these companies believe that Florida Family Association will not continue to pursue this issue. However, as long as Huffingtonpost.com keeps the article published on their web site Florida Family Association will continue to urge companies to stop advertising.
Companies that Have Not Advertised Again
Companies that Continue to Advertise or Advertised Recently
The Huffington Post published an article on Apri1 26, 2016 titled Did Jesus Predict Muhammad? A Biblical Portal Between Christianity and Islam. The article states in part:
The time has come for Christians and Muslims to make peace between our communities.
Our planet simply cannot afford another century of misunderstanding and violence between these two communities.
In an earlier blog on the Huffington Post about the problem of Christian Islamophobia, I argue that Christians have the opportunity to transform the way we see Islam and Muslims by accepting Muhammad as “Spirit of Truth.”
Historically, most Christian theologians—including John of Damascus, Thomas Aquinas, Dante, Nicholas of Cusa, and Martin Luther—have seen Muhammad not as a “Spirit of Truth” but as a “Spirit of Error,” a false prophet or heretic. There are many Christians today who respect the Islamic tradition and would never make such an offensive statement about Muhammad.
However, the majority of Christians still maintain a fundamentally Islamophobic position on Muhammad. So I believe that the time has come for peacemaking Christians to contradict this position directly. Changing our view of Muhammad—so that we recognize him as a true prophet rather than discredit him as a false prophet—would effectively inoculate Christians against Islamophobia and would help to establish a new paradigm of cooperative Christian-Muslim relations.
There is no better candidate than Muhammad, no one in fact that comes even close, in terms of fulfilling Jesus’s promise of the Spirit of Truth who would bring forth a new revelation from God. I do not have space in this article to explore the many Qur’anic verses directly addressed to Christians, but if we were to receive them our religion would be transformed for the better and would come into balance with Judaism and Islam.
Click here to read the full article.
The Huffington Post article:
• Erroneously blames alleged Christian Islamophobia for the worldwide conflict between Muslims and infidels.
• Dangerously perverts the Holy Scriptures of the Bible to falsely elevate Muhammad to a Judaic Christian status.
• Tragically ignores the millions of Muslims around the world who support the killing of hundreds of thousands of Christians. The Religionofpeace.com provides a detailed report of Muslims killing Christians. While Muslims are killing hundreds of thousands of Christians around the world the Huffington Post article has the audacity to write “Our planet simply cannot afford another century of misunderstanding and violence between these two communities.”
WHAT violence do Christians appear to be committing against Muslims suggested by the Huffington Post article? That would be Islamophobia which is the derogatory term that is used to harshly label and intimidate people out of their rational, fact based concern that Islamists use violence and Sharia law to advance their political agenda.
Tuesday, September 27, 2016
Great News: One hundred fifty (150) companies stopped advertising at Huffingtonpost.com after being encouraged to pull off the website.
Posted by solsticewitch13 at 6:20 PM
Posted by solsticewitch13 at 6:14 PM
Posted by solsticewitch13 at 6:11 PM
Posted by solsticewitch13 at 6:09 PM